Synapsis Bridge Control – Intelligent Integrated Bridge Navigation System
Synapsis Bridge Control is the brand new generation of Raytheon Anschütz IBS.
The system is an answer to the implementation of the new Integrated Navigation Performance Standards that come into force on January 01, 2011. The conception and architecture of the system is designed to make navigation more efficient, to help reduce ship's running costs, to ease installation and to simplify operation for users.
Synapsis Bridge Control features a new generation of intelligent multifunction systems that not only combine nautical functions such as Radar, Chart Radar, ECDIS and Conning but also permit the integration of additional applications and data such as automation data indication, DP dynamic positioning system, CCTV, etc.
All information is stored at each workstation and distributed across the redundant bridge network allowing access to any desired task from any work place connected to the network.
Open software and hardware platforms offer full scalability, future expandability and the design of individual bridge systems.
Benefits of the Synapsis Intelligent Bridge Control
- Standardized MMI (Machine Man Interface)
- Central and manual change of colors and brightness (day/night/different colors)
- Enhanced Conning display
- Health Monitoring of system status and performance
- Data quality and sensor selection management
- Intelligent alert management
- Multifunction Systems provide any function at any place
- Integration of further ship system data and operation
- Consistent data availability at each workplace
- Simple to install and upgrade due to open architecture
- Standardized hardware improves logistics of spares
- Standardized software eases configuration and service
Raytheon Anschütz has introduced the new Synapsis Intelligent Bridge Control System at the largest shipbuilding fair SMM 2010 in Hamburg, and since than the Synapsis IBS is displayed at the Raytheon Anschütz show room in Kiel where the public can be assured of the advantages of this new technology that will become a standard in the years to come.
More information about the new Synapsis Intelligent Bridge Navigation System can be found on Raytheon Anschütz web page http://www.raytheon-anschuetz.com/index.php?StoryID=57&pid=55, from which you can download the brochure of the Synapsis Intelligent Bridge Control, while an excellent short video presentation of the Synapsis IBS can be seen on http://www.raytheon-anschuetz.com/index.php?StoryID=1847.